- How can we make interactions with VR meaningful
- VR as a support for contemplative practice
- The parallel between VR and Hinduism as an understanding of the world as dharma
- Using VR to define reality – Who are we with all these possibilities? What would we like to experience? Wouldn’t we prefer to have surprises in life?
- Therapy facilitated by VR to expand healing possibilities
- The potential for both positive and negative effects of VR and how we will have to make personal and existential choices about how to use this technology
Joakim Vindenes is a PhD Candidate at the University of Bergen, Norway, where he is researching VR technologies. At his spare time, he runs Matrise — a blog focused on the intersections of VR, Consciousness, Science & Philosophy. Matrise has lately increased in popularity and discusses VR technology in relation to topics such as psychedelics, Hinduism, Existentialism, Meditation and Non-dual states.